SEEKING A MENTAL HEALTH SOCIAL WORKER
At the Libera Clinic, we are currently four psychiatrists, a social worker, and an occupational therapist (part time). We are looking for another social worker to join us. Your main job will be to assess and follow mental health patients in collaboration with our psychiatrists. The primary diagnoses we face in this clinic are mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, stable psychoses, and ADHD.
We prefer a full time employee, but will consider part time as well.
The Libera Clinic is a community, RAMQ-funded mental health clinic that strives for excellence of care. Above all else, we aim to deliver for our patients an accessible, helpful and healing experience. We are an approved McGill teaching site, and we are partnered with many major institutions in Montreal. As mental health professionals, our clinic culture cares for all our employees in the same humane way. we hope to be a part of the growth of everyone who works here.
We are located downtown, 1635 Sherbrooke St. O, suite 210, H3H 1E2, Montreal, QC
We are young, dynamic, and growing, and we offer a large number of advantages:
- Fun, friendly team committed to each others’ wellbeing
- Warm, calm, high-end work environment in the heart of downtown, three minutes from Guy Concordia metro. Walking distance to all amenities.
- A very high level of patient care and excellent feedback from other doctors
- Almost all services are free for patients, and we serve people from every socioeconomic sphere
- The excitement to be a part of a prestigious and rapidly growing clinic that is also a McGill training site
- Become an integral part of this team with your own expertise
- We will provide you with training, support, autonomy, and work-life balance
- Competitive salary and flexible hours
Responsibilities and Duties
- Seeing new patients, making diagnoses and treatment plans in conjunction with a psychiatrist
- Seeing patients in follow-up, with the support of a multidisciplinary team
- Possibly seeing patients in private therapy, either as individuals or families and groups
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will be able to distinguish among the various mental health disorders using the DSM 5, will have some experience doing psychotherapy (individual, group, or family), and will be willing to learn and grow in an encouraging and caring environment. You will be considered a colleague and an equal to our physicians, with your own specialized expertise.
Language skills — French and English
Dynamic, organized and reliable
Salary and Benefits
If full time, 50,000 – 90,000$ a year — variable with experience
You will receive the Quebec Pension Plan, CNESST, and other benefits
If full time, we expect 7 hours worked a day, 5 days a week. The exact hours are negotiable.
If this is a great job for you and you are registered with the OTSTCFQ, but you do not yet have the requisite experience (for example, you are a new graduate), contact us and we can discuss your training needs.